Fun San Diego Winter Activities

Image via Rachelle Roberson

San Diego has plenty of activities to do with family and friends during the winter season. For example, ice skating at the Hotel del in Coronado is a fun way to have winter spirit and spend time with loved ones. This activity is popular with La Jolla High students too.

Sophomore Mia Arminio states, “During Winter break I like to go ice skating at the Hotel del in Coronado with my family. It’s a nice place to ice skate because it’s right by the ocean and is really pretty. I also like to decorate sugar cookies and share them with friends.”

Gifting presents to friends is also a good way for teens to spend time with others while spreading joy during the holiday season. Giving your peers personal or artistic gifts, such as holiday cookies, can make them feel loved and appreciated.

La Jolla High Sophomore Sunjana Reddy states, “In December, I love going to the mall and buying Christmas presents to give to my family and friends.” For La Jolla High students, shopping for the holidays is especially enjoyable at the UTC Mall due to its convenient location and variety of stores.

There are also several different holiday attractions at locations that San Diego locals are familiar with. Such as the Winter Wonder Beachside at Belmont Park, Seaworld’s Christmas Celebration, Wild Holidays at the San Diego Zoo, and December Nights at Balboa Park.

During Winter break I like to go ice skating at the Hotel del in Coronado with my family.

— Mia Arminio, sophmore