Halloween Events Near You

Ella Mossman, Staff Writer

There’s no better way to celebrate your favorite holiday than going out and participating in fun, festive activities. Halloween is one of the world’s oldest holidays and is still widely celebrated to this day. This spooky holiday has many events throughout San Diego that people of any age would enjoy. From family-friendly events to horrifying experiences, there’s something for everyone.

One of the most popular family oriented Halloween activities San Diego has to offer is pumpkin patches. Family and friends are able to pick out pumpkins for carving and decorating to get in the holiday spirit. Many also offer other fun attractions such as obstacle courses, games, mazes, and costume/decoration shops. Those looking to go to a pumpkin patch this October can find a wide range of options to choose from, including La Jolla’s “Mr. Jack O’ Lanterns Pumpkins.” It is open Monday-Thursday: 11am-8pm, Friday: 11am-9pm, and Saturday-Sunday: 10am-9pm.

Those who crave the classic Halloween horror can go to many of the spooky trails San Diego has to offer. With Halloween trails designed for thrill-seekers, one of the best known is the “Haunted Trail” at Balboa Park. According to its website, “Haunted Trail” is open on select days and times throughout the month of October. Tickets start at $27.99 on Fridays and Saturdays, and $24.99 Sundays through Thursdays. VIP Admission is also available at an additional cost for those who want to enter the Fast Pass entrance.

Celebrating Halloween doesn’t have to involve going out to different events. 

Some enjoy celebrating in the comfort of their own homes. Junior Moises Hernandez said, “I like to watch really scary movies.” Others enjoy taking the non-traditional route. Sophomore Zeke Pearl said, “I love to trick-or-treat on nights that are not Halloween.”