Tennis Senior Night

Photo via LJSteph

Photo via LJSteph

After a long season full of victories, La Jolla High School’s varsity boys tennis team, lead by coach Darice Carnaje, took on their rivals, Scripps Ranch High School. Since this was their last home game of the season, all of the graduating team members were celebrated for senior night. When asked about the match, senior Manuel Ramirez-Alonso said, “I’m just hoping that we will win to finish our years on a good note.” All of the seniors played in this match to acknowledge their determination and work over the last four years in high school. Even though it is a happy moment for all, it is still a hard goodbye for everyone involved. As the season is coming to a close, sophomore Tucker MacDonald said, “I am going to miss all the seniors. They are all great people and I love hanging out with them.” With multiple seniors on the team, it will be difficult to adjust to them graduating, but the varsity tennis team is prepared to continue their winning streak for the rest of season, and for the seasons to come. Even though tennis senior night has come to a close, many other sports have senior nights in the near future to celebrate all the hardworking student athletes at La Jolla High School.

I’m just hoping that we will win to finish our years on a good note.

— Manuel Ramirez-Alonso, senior