Movies Coming out in 2021

Margareta Backlund, Staff Writer

COVID-19 has changed much that surrender us, such as going to school online and having numerous events canceled. However, one thing that has gotten us through this challenging time is the production of movies that were supposed to be released in 2020 that was pushed into 2021 or some that were scheduled for 2021. 

A poll was conducted of 30 people;the most anticipated movie is Black Widow and the second was West Side StoryBlack Widow written by Jac Schaeffer and Ned Benson was planned to release in 2020. However, with this deadly pandemic, it was changed to May 7, 2021. Filming took place May – October of 2019 in various locations, including Norway, Hungary, Morocco, the UK, and the US. This long-awaited movie has its fans excited, such as Jade Espinosa, a junior. She says, “I am excited for Black Widow because I love the Marvel movies and I can’t wait to see it.” 

West Side Story, a musical/romance movie that was originally released in 1961, has been redone to the modern setting. The movie is starring Ansel Elgort as Tony and Rachel Zegler as Maria. It is scheduled to be released on December 10, 2021, here in the United States. This classic film has many old and new fans awaiting its arrival. Freshman Layla Kamali said, “I am excited to see how the new one is gonna be different from the original.” 

There are lots to look forward to in the new year. Many people across different demographics are looking forward to the movies of 2021.