Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

City Championships for Swim

As La Jolla High School is known for its aquatic prowess, it is no surprise that our swim team is gearing up for the City Championships. This prestigious event gathers schools from across the city of San Diego. Following the City Championships, the top swimmers will advance to the CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) meet, which draws competitors throughout San Diego County.

Coach Amy Jennings proudly singles out Arielle Brotman as one of the team’s standout athletes. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Arielle holds an impressive seven out of LJHS’s eight individual event records, with five achieved before the conclusion of her sophomore year. Among other notable athletes are Jordin Morrow, who leads the distance swimmers; Sophia Soltero, also in distance events; Astrid Egan, excelling in freestyle; Reid Krebs, showing skill in freestyle and backstroke; Marco Warma, swimming breaststroke; and Vincent Vega, also in breaststroke. Additionally, the team has seven standout freshmen: Avery Edstrom, Aviana Caviola, Brennan Coleman, Cora Pfau, Dexter Black, Lev Kevorkian, and Rich Gonzalez.

This year marks an exciting addition to LJHS’s sports roster with the introduction of a dive team. Representing the school at the City Championships for Diving are Brody Leyson, Cole Weiss, Stanley Vishnevski, Eric Goss, Indigo Gatto, Alex Awbrey, and Olivia Awbrey.

Top swimmers at LJHS advance to the CIF meet. Image via LJSteph.com