Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Explorer may have solved age-old mystery

Has Amelia Earhart’s plane been found? An exploration company called Deep Sea Vision (DSV) has been exploring the Pacific Ocean in hopes of finding one of America’s most famous missing persons, Amelia Earhart, and her navigator, Fred Noonan. The two went missing in an attempt to fly around the world in 1937. As of today, after spending almost $11 million, DSV has released a sonar image of a blurry shape on the Pacific seabed of what appears to be a plane, said to be similar in stature and shape to Earhart’s plane. The CEO of DSV, Tony Romeo, explains there is a good chance it might be the wreckage of Amelia Earhart’s plane. What led up to finding this wreckage was years of Romeo and his team thoroughly examining Earhart’s flight path, the conditions when she flew, and the altitude of her plane, as well as the examination of the six radio calls Earhart made, where she reported low fuel. After they had gathered enough evidence as to where she might have crashed, DSV spent a further three months combing a large 42 thousand or so feet of the Pacific Ocean in search of her aircraft, which, as noted, might have been successful. However, they don’t have much more than the image, and it will take many more years to finally reveal whether or not they’ve found the famous wreckage of Earhart’s last flight.