Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Reliving the Experience One Era at a Time

The Eras Tour Concert Film

It’s been a long time coming. Last month, Taylor Swift released the Eras Tour Concert Film in theaters worldwide to widespread acclaim. The movie performed well on its opening weekend, making over 120 million in the domestic box office and shattering records. It lives up to its name as a “cultural phenomenon.”

Swift’s Eras Film is the perfect opportunity for fans who were unable to snag tickets to attend the actual concert. It’s local and significantly cheaper, so a wider audience has the ability to enjoy the film. For those worried that it would not be the same as attending the concert, many attendees commented that the film’s atmosphere was remarkably similar to that of the concert. Fans sang with the same passion, with some even getting up and dancing to their favorite songs. The same exhilaration, camaraderie, emotion, and feeling were on full display.

Eras Tour promotional image via Taylor Swift.

Besides the viewing experience, the graphics of the movie were great. A near replica of her blockbuster concert, which recaps all 10 of her albums and 17 years of recorded work in a three-hour show (41 songs in 169 minutes to be exact), fans are able to relive the Eras experience from the best seat in the house. The film provides fans the unique opportunity to watch Swift up close, something new for every Eras Tour attendee, no matter where their seats were at the concert. The best part is that the movie is SAG-AFTRA approved, meaning Swift paid all those working on the film.

Taylor Swift, indeed, is a “mastermind.” By releasing her movie worldwide, she has provided innumerable non-Swifites and superfans with the realistic and exhilarating experience of watching her in concert. So, of course, the only acceptable rating is a 13/13.