Upcoming Albums to Start off 2020

Catherine Huang, Staff Writer

January:

10thRare by Selena Gomez

This album will be Gomez’s third solo studio album. She revealed that the album will have a “sense of strong pop” and follow her journey experimenting with electric guitar.

17th Manic by Halsey

Halsey revealed that the album Manic is a tribute to her true self, beneath her stage name.

31thTreat Myself by Meghan Trainor

Trainor’s third album featuring groovy melodies.

February:

7thFather of All by Green Day

In their upcoming thirteenth solo album, one of the members stated that the title track is about “making people feel bad.” English Teacher Mr. Cisneros said, “Green Day has tremendous songs and performances. They have fans all around the world and they are very good and successful so I think their fans are excited and have been waiting for their comeback.”

21stMap of the Soul: 7 by BTS

The Korean boy band revealed that their previous album will be continued through their new album: Map of the Soul: 7. Sophomore Kaiya Adams said, “It’s gonna be really big and it’s a great album so I can’t wait.”

21stNotes On A Conditional Form by the 1975

The album follows their third album A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships. One of the members, Healy, explained that the album was inspired by British nighttime culture.

March:

6thSorry You Couldn’t Make It by Swamp Dogg

The album sees Swamp come full circle and close his unfinished business.

13thSad Happy by Circa Waves

Kieran Shudall, the vocalist and guitarist, explained that the album runs through thoughts on mortality, love, and observations of people.

27thLocal Honey by Brian Fallon

The album will feature Fallon’s views on the album’s lead single, “You Have Stolen My Heart”.

April:

3rd The Mike & Micky Show Live by The Monkees

The new album will include 16 special performances and will highlight some of songwriter Nesmith’s compositions that have never been performed live before.

May:

15th  Van Weezer by Weezer

The album is inspired by 1970s and 1980s hard rock and heavy metal bands such as Kiss, Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Van Halen.