A Strong Start for La Jolla Field Hockey

Kate Hartford, Sports Editor

The currently undefeated La Jolla Varsity Field Hockey team is 6-0 this season. After winning the Valley Center two-weekend tournament, they competed in the Serra High School Tournament, and advanced to the second weekend of competition. According to Max Preps, La Jolla Field Hockey is ranked third in the San Diego Section, under Bishops at 6-0 and Serra at 8-0.
“Since our season is going well so far, we’re likely to be in Open Division, and we’re determined to make it to the championship. Nearly half the team is made up of seniors, and we all want to finish off our high school experience strong,” said Caeley Hickson Long, current senior and co-captain of the Varsity team.
With eight current seniors on the team, La Jolla will be a fierce competitor this year in CIF. Senior Captain, Serene Liu said,
“I love my team with my whole heart and I’m excited to see how far we’ll go this season!”
Liu is a second-year captain, along with first-year captain and senior, Caeley Hickson Long. Both Serene and Caeley played JV field hockey freshman year, and made varsity their sophomore year. “We’re all really excited about the direction field hockey is going this year. Over the past several years, we’ve all become really close and developed a good team dynamic,” said Caeley.