Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

2023-2024 Season In Review

As the 2024 school year comes to an end, so do the sports. La Jolla High has made it to multiple championships and has accomplished great feats. Most notably, swim, track and field, football, men’s and women’s tennis, and the men’s baseball team, which is currently in the playoffs. 

Starting with football, the varsity team beat Bishops High School in their yearly Battle of Pearl Street. Maxprep.com highlighted top La Jolla players, saying, “Congratulations to Alex Figueiredo, Carson Diehl, Hank Hansen, and Evan Martin for being selected as the La Jolla players of the game.” Watersports also made it extremely far this season, with sports ranging from water polo to diving. Coach. Jennings, a PE teacher and coach at La Jolla High, said, “The swim teams have all placed near 1st place in many competitions!” The boy’s swim team got second place to Cathedral, while the girls got fifth. The boys won first place in cities, and the girls got second place. The water polo teams continuously compete against strong private schools and manage to hold their own. They even managed to represent San Diego in state competitions.  Last but not least comes the track team, who won the San Diego Section D3 championships! It has been a great year for LJHS Sports, and next year will surely be just as exciting.

Images via LJSteph.com and collage by Aiko Busby.