Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Jojo Without a BowBow

Recently, Jojo Siwa initiated a new era away from bows and unicorns. It is laughable how her idea of a rebrand is changing her personality into an 11-year-old pre-teen girl obsessed with their ex, whom they dated for two months. Being obsessed with a previous girlfriend is definitely the case with Jojo; her previous song released 4th of April, is shocking and disturbing in some ways. It is only a matter of time until this video becomes age-restricted. Junior Drew Bennett agrees she thinks the video should be pg 13 rated “at least.” 

The controversy surrounding the song escalated when rumors began to circulate that it was originally intended for Miley Cyrus. It was even alleged that Miley had recorded the song but decided to scrap it due to its perceived lack of quality. This revelation casts doubt on Jojo’s claim of authorship.

Jojo Siwa. Image via Wikimedia Commons.

The controversy took a new turn when social media users accused Jojo of misleading them into believing she had written the song. They argue that her statements and actions during the song’s promotion gave the impression that she was the song’s creator, leading to widespread confusion and disappointment among her fans.

This story became more complicated when an “unreleased video” of Brit Smith singing the song was uncovered online. The difference and controversial aspect is that the video was recorded in 2012. So, it is now wholly unclear who wrote the original song.

This does not change the failure of her rebrand; it just adds to her incredibility. The topics discussed the most were her style change and choreography in the Karma video. Senior Daniela Solkon said: “She changed her color palette, not her style.” Others think the rebrand is entirely unnecessary. Senior Sophie Boxwala said,” Jojo Siwa’s rebrand is unnecessary because she already rebranded like 4 times, and she should just stay jojo with the bow bow.” How this rebrand will form and navigate her career in the future momentarily, the rebrand is still a failure, but who knows, maybe she’s the next big popstar, although that is unrealistic because of the obvious lack of talent.