Official Publication of La Jolla High School Since 1924

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Coachella 2024 Roundup

Coachella 2024 had some of the most significant performers worldwide. This annual music festival is held at the Empire Polo Club in California in the Colorado desert from April 12th to the 14th. “After a weekend of ’90s nostalgia, intermittent technical issues, cowboys, and surprisingly little dust, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is gearing up for its second weekend,” stated Timothy Karoff in his article for the SFGATE. Coachella does not only exhibit popular artists on stage but also underground music. Though the famous festival is on the higher side of the price range, at $233. Attendees can see multiple very popular artists in just a few days. The festival is known for attendees dressing to impress, and this year the fashion was a highlight. Celebrities like Doja Cat, Lauryn Hill, Ice Spice, and Paris Hilton all displayed excellent outfits at the festival. Big artists like Tyler the Creator, Lana Del Ray, Doja Cat, Peso Pluma, Deftones, Blur, and more performed. Artists like Faye Webster and Lana Del Rey had great intros to their performances, with Faye introducing a screen of minions and Lana riding in on a motorcycle. Billie Eilish and Lana performed together on stage. Taylor Swift was even seen singing along to Ice Spice’s verse in Swift’s song “Karma.” Freshman Camille Peters said ‘I was most excited to see Lana Del Rey, and the lineup was better this year than the last. I think it’s worth skipping school to attend.“ Coachella 2024 was filled with outstanding performances, outfits, and celebrities that made the two weekends memorable.

Ice Spice performing at Coachella 2024. Image via Ana Villela.