Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Snowboarders Treated Unfairly on the Slopes

As winter drives on, people all over the world are in search of some fun going down the snowy slopes. Nevertheless, there is always something that upsets riders, such as boarders standing in the middle of the run, skiers taking up the entire face, boarders falling left and right, skies flying everywhere, boarders tripping off the lifts, skiers carving moguls and much more. It is utter chaos. Snowboarder Grace Gader expresses how “Skiers are annoying because they cut us off and leave holes in the floor. They treat us unfairly.” Additionally, she believes snowboarding boots are the best things out there, as they are super comfortable, cool, and easy to get on and off. On the other hand, skiers struggle to walk anywhere.  

Unfortunately, the best things always have downsides. It’s a pain to get stuck on a flat surface, and while skiers have their trusty poles to push them anywhere, borders are left like sitting ducks. These flat surfaces are a crime against snowboarders, and boarders deserve justice. Additionally, some lifts have places for skiers to rest their feet on, but what about snowboarders? They’re uncomfortable on lifts, and it’s not fair. Also, moguls are difficult, and groomers should get rid of them. Junior Broady Lason believes that being in a ski resort, where most people are skiing, makes it difficult for snowboarders, and nobody could agree more. Perhaps if resorts were made to accommodate borders, then skiers and snowboarders might start getting along better. In the end, everyone deserves an equal chance to have fun on the slopes, regardless of their chosen activity.

Image via Maya Rosen.