Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Something For Everyone at the LJ Art and Wine Festival

Featuring prestigious art, regional and international wines, and family-friendly fun, the La Jolla Art and Wine Festival has been widely considered one of the most reputable art and wine festivals on the West Coast. The festival takes place every year in downtown La Jolla and returned for its 15th year on October 7th and 8th this year. Over 160 artists from all over the U.S. and Mexico showcased their work, and the 2023 festival was applauded for its unique and vibrant pieces in a variety of mediums. The other activities featured at the festival, including a beer and wine garden, entertainment, pet adoption centers, gourmet food, and a silent auction, gave something for everyone who came.

My family has gone to the Art and Wine Festival ever since I was a little kid. It’s something I look forward to every October.

— Benji Myers, junior

For many La Jolla High students, the Art and Wine Festival has been an event enjoyed for years. Junior Benji Myers said, “my family has gone to the Art and Wine Festival ever since I was a little kid. It’s something I look forward to every October.” For others, this is a new experience that allows them to further connect with their community and spend time with friends and family. Senior Isabella Policaro said, “this was my first year going to the Art and Wine Festival, but I enjoyed seeing the variety of art with my family.” The Art and Wine Festival Foundation doesn’t just bring joy to the community every year. Since 2008, this non-profit organization has donated over $1,000,000 to La Jolla Public Schools. Hopefully, the La Jolla Art and Wine Festival will continue to be enjoyable for La Jolla High students for years to come.

Image via La Jolla Art and Wine Festival.