Official Publication of La Jolla High School Since 1924

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

The Wild West Gone Wrong?

Is there a better way to start a school year than a school dance? Homecoming is a classic high school experience where students can come together and enjoy a welcoming school event. Nevertheless, one of the most critical aspects of homecoming is its theme. ASB has the vital task of choosing an original and fun theme that people can enjoy; something that is doable and enjoyable for the majority of students. Something not too vague but with room for imagination. This year’s homecoming theme is the Wild Wild West. 

It is an easy theme to stick to and could be very fun for a lot of people. Senior ASB member JayDee Diresto expresses that ASB members wanted something that is “new and not done a lot, where outfits can vary from so many spectrums where people can enjoy it.” It is important for a school to be original when it comes to events because it brings students together, where everyone can enjoy the event and have fun. Incoming freshmen can have an idealized impression of school dances, leading to their growing excitement, regardless of the theme. Freshman Charles Velano thinks that “Homecoming is going to be fun because it is the first highschool dance, and I am excited to dress up as a cowboy.” Although there are students who do not like the theme, there are also people who love it and are very excited for the upcoming dance.