Official Publication of La Jolla High School Since 1924

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Halloween is the Best Season at LJHS

Halloween is a time for all things spooky. It’s not called spooky season for nothing! However, the question remains whether or not it is the best season at La Jolla High School. People love it because they get to dress up in fun or spooky costumes, have themed parties, and eat insane amounts of candy that their moms actually justify. This time also comes with scary movies, pumpkin-flavored everything, and a buzz in the air that makes students sure it’s the most exciting season. Junior Isabella Pérez says, “I love Halloween! It’s so fun seeing everyone’s costumes and how creative they get with it.” Her statement makes it clear that people love Halloween here at LJHS.

I love Halloween! It’s so fun seeing everyone’s costumes and how creative they get with it.

— Isabella Pérez, junior

After students choose whether they want to wear a costume or not, they can dress up with their friends, lovers, or individually, and have the opportunity to compete in a costume contest in various categories. Junior Tatianna Hedayati, who was part of the winning group costume last year said “the costume contest was so much fun; I got to dress up with my friends and we all enjoyed the candy prize.” Some teachers even participate, showing up in fun costumes–like when all the gym teachers showed up in Minion attire last year. Seeing this is fun for both students and staff, making Halloween an exciting day that many look forward to at LJHS. 

I personally love Halloween. I love watching scary movies and making my own rendition of Starbucks’s fall-flavored drinks. Although I’m just a Freshman and have never celebrated Halloween at LJHS, I am excited to see what it’ll be like and what the traditions are here.