Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide

The Greatest Films of All Time Were Never Made…Yet

Taylor Swift announces Eras Tour Concert Film

After single-handedly changing the economy with the Eras Tour, singer-songwriter Taylor Swift announced she was releasing an Eras Tour Concert Film on October 13, 2023. The news of Swift’s Eras Tour was first announced in early November of 2022, and tickets were almost sold out every night after going on sale. Now, the first leg of the US tour is officially over, as well as Swift’s time in Mexico. Many report it was an amazing experience. 

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour film promotional poster. Image via Wiki Commons.

Julie Daughters, a physics teacher at La Jolla High School, went to the Eras Tour twice, once in Glendale and once in LA. She followed the traditions of the tour and dressed up as the Lover Era, wore friendship bracelets, and even went with her sister. When asked about her initial thoughts on the movie, Ms. Daughters said, “I’m really excited.” She even has some theories on what the film itself will be like, “I don’t know whether it’s going to be more like the tour recorded or if it’s going to be backstage stuff. I haven’t heard which way it goes.” 

Besides Ms. Daughters, all fans of Swift are excited. Kate Rowley, a freshman at La Jolla High School, is eager to see it and adds, “I was not able to see the concert, but from the videos I’ve seen online, I’m getting very excited to see it as a movie.”

As one of the many theaters showing the film, AMC Theatres says this is a “once-in-a-lifetime concert film experience with a breathtaking cinematic view.” The theater is also encouraging fans to wear any Eras Tour attire and friendship bracelets. Those who could not attend the concert themselves are thrilled for this cinematic experience.

Taylor Swift performing at So-Fi Stadium in Los Angeles, California. Torrey Busby