San Diego Unified District Exhibit

The San Diego Unified School District held an art exhibit to present the work of student artists throughout the schools of the district. Some of the art on display were students of LJHS, which proudly showcase their talent, hard work, and even the school itself. Below is a short insight on the current SDUSD art exhibit which is held from Mar. 7 to Apr. 8. 

Around 400 artworks were put on display on Mar. 7, transforming the hall of the San Diego Unified School District building into a beautiful art exhibit. Schools from all over the district submitted their students’ arts, showing their skills and creativity.

My drawing took around a week or two to make, it’s about still life with objects, I’m happy that my painting is on the wall.

— Julia Varon, junior

The staff who run the district is very proud to have all of these art creations displayed on their walls. Director of Communications Department, Maureen Magee said, “It’s a special time for the district, families and students walk through the halls, looking for a particular painting, drawing, or ceramic artwork…the art gallery here at the district has become a tradition every year, it really underscores the districts commitment to arts in the schools.”

Additionally, VapaFoundation said, “Our students can express themselves and tell their stories effectively through the visual arts.” Art gives students a chance to express their creativity through paper. Junior Julia Varon said, “My drawing took around a week or two to make, it’s about still life with objects, I’m happy that my painting is on the wall.” 

In conclusion, many great works of art created by students all over the district were given a chance to be recognized and displayed, allowing families and students to see all of these artworks.