Official Publication of La Jolla High School Since 1924

Christmas Excitement in La Jolla

La Jolla has many fun and exciting ways to celebrate Christmas from family traditions to large community parades. Christmas season is a time full of celebration in La Jolla.

The La Jolla Christmas parade, taking place in La Jolla Village, is part of tradition for many La Jolla residents. Many businesses and local shops and businesses take part in the parade by having a float or a stand promoting and awards are given out for the best floats participating in the parade. The parade will also include bands, vintage cars, and Santa Claus. The La Jolla High School band participates in the parade alongside 11 bands and 14 marching units, including La Jolla Country Day School and University City High School.

This year’s Holiday Festival’s Stage Entertainment and Photos with Santa will be held in front of the Athenaeum starting at 11 a.m. and ending at 1 p.m. This is great for families with young children who are eager to meet Santa. 

Other Christmas events in La Jolla include the Holiday Party at the La Jolla Country Club in La Jolla Shores. The event is a fancy, elegant dinner party. It is an excellent event for those who are looking for a lavish evening. 

The Marine room in La Jolla will have special hours on Christmas as well as a special $95 prix fixe menu. 

Many La Jolla families have their own traditions and ways of celebrating Christmas. When freshman Ezra Goss was asked what she does on Christmas she said, “I wake up and watch a movie while we wait for my mommy to wake up, and we open our stockings while we wait. Then everyone’s awake and our grandparents are here and we take turns opening presents’.” Multiple families’ favorite part of Christmas is the gift opening under the Christmas tree. Christmas trees are a big part of celebrating the holiday for most families. Another important Christmas tradition is listening to classic Christmas music through December to enjoy the holiday season. Decorating the Christmas tree is an important tradition for many families celebrating Christmas around the world. The holiday season is a time of year everyone looks forward to. It’s a time where the world is beautiful and cheerful. There’s lights and decorations and, depending on where you live, maybe even snow. It’s a time when family and friends gather together and celebrate, reflect on the past year and exchange gifts over delicious food surrounded by warmth and happiness. Freshman Justin Woods describes what he does for Christmas, “We get some trees, fake trees, and then open the gift for me. And then I sleep.” Christmas in La Jolla is filled with traditions, fun events, family, and friends bonding. Coming out of quarantine due to COVID-19, La Jolla gets to celebrate Christmas as a community once again.

Hi-Tide • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in