LJHS Football Wins Division Three CIF Championship

Isaac Lane, Staff Writer

The La Jolla High School football team has been training all year to achieve their goal of winning CIF. On Friday November 22nd, 2019, our football team defeated Brawley High at home to advance to the CIF Championships. During the game, La Jolla was down by one touchdown and a field goal. Once they got the ball in the fourth quarter, Quarterback Jackson Straton passed the ball to Diego Solis for a touchdown. A two point conversion would win the game, so La Jolla decided to take the chance; Jackson Stratton threw the game-winning pass into Junior Luke Brunette’s arms. Winning by one point, La Jolla moved on to the CIF Championship game. On Saturday November 30th, 2019, they won against Scripps Ranch at Southwestern College, making La Jolla the Division Three CIF champions. This was a huge win for our football team; everyone was super emotional and proud of what they accomplished. The final score was 17-10. 

Everyone one who came to all the games were very supportive and the football team appreciated it. “It felt great because there was so much support. There were some points in the game where you would just look in the stands and see all support, it felt amazing,” Senior Isaac Ramirez said. These players worked so hard in and out of season so they could get to where they are right now. “I’m very excited that we are still playing because we worked so hard and it paid off,” Junior Devin Bale said. We have a really good chance to win State because of how hard each player has worked and how well they play.