A Rocky End to Antonio Brown’s Career

Max Stone, Staff Writer

Antonio Brown, a Florida native, has been the center of discussion in recent weeks. During his three year college football career, Brown averaged ten and a half yards per catch and 26 touchdowns in his 41 games for Central Michigan University (CMU). After putting up fairly average stats in his college career, he was drafted 195th overall in the 2010 National Football League (NFL) by the Pittsburgh Steelers out of CMU. During his professional career, Brown had been regarded as one of, if not the best, NFL wide receiver.

Many people have been asking: Why would someone with his accolades and success just throw it all away? Sophomore Jordan Rodriguez said, “He let all the money go to his head and didn’t appreciate what he had.”  Many people feel the same way Rodriguez does, but others are more critical of other decisions Brown has made. Freshman Ricardo Cabrera’s opinion on Brown is, “He’s dumb for making poor choices like abusing people and yelling at his coach.” The incident that Cabrera is referring to is when Brittney Taylor, gymnast and former classmate of Brown, accused him of three seperate cases of sexual assault.  

30.2 million dollars. This is the amount of money Antonio Brown lost in less than two weeks. These allegations have caused a lot of speculation in the NFL community because this happened right after he signed a contract with the New England Patriots. Many think that this is just a money grab and that the accusations are false, yet some believe Taylor because of Brown’s recent actions. In late August, Brown was fined forty thousand dollars for missing a team workout. A few days later, Brown was fined an additional fourteen thousand dollars for misconduct towards a coach. 

There are other opinions on Brown. Sophomore Jackson Parr said, “Brown’s situation is okay to me because someone I played fantasy football against drafted him, and now his team is bad.” People have different reasons to like or dislike Brown, but there is only one question to ask after all of this. Who knows what the future holds for Antonio Brown?